Thursday, June 16, 2005

An open letter I sent to Senator Durbin on his website:

Senator Durbin,
While I am not from Illinois, I wish to let you know that I am dishearterned by your comments and followup explanation. While you may be able to defend yourself from a purely semantic point of view, you left a specific comparison in people's minds: "FBI agent describing what *Americans* had done to prisoners in their control...Nazis...Pol Pot...". You drew the comparison, not the FBI agent. And I believe that was the impression you intended to give.

Because of that, I have come to the unfortunate decision to do whatever I can to legally help whomever is your opponent (from either party) defeat you in your next election. I have voted for Paul Wellstone and the embarassment you bring to the party is a not a good thing.

Respectfully,
....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home