Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Bankruptcy Bill: some concerns

A letter I sent to Senator Coleman and Senator Dayton. Neither had anything on their web sites about their position.

Senator Coleman/Dayton,
I would like to know your position on the upcoming bankruptcy bill. I have been trying to read up on it and have some grave concerns. The data appears to support the fact that a larger and larger percentage of bankruptcy are for medical reasons (mainly seniors). While I believe that people should be responsible for their debts (especially credit card bills!), I believe that an exception should be made for seniors who are struggling with medical bills. The extra burden placed on the bankruptee should not apply to them.

Respecfully,


This is a letter from 104 "professors of bankruptcy and commercial law": lawprofltr.pdf (application/pdf Object) (h/t: Instapundit.com)

I am a bit confused because this would indicate the vote has already taken place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home